Red Kuri Squash – Love the coloring!
(I’m sure you’ll be so polite as to ignore the mold growing in the middle. Doesn’t detract from the picture at all! Might even look like a spider web, non?)
I can’t believe it’s almost Halloween – crazy! My favorite blogs are all featuring DIY Halloween costumes, mostly for kids but you could make many of them for adults too I suppose. My favorites are the airplane and the artists. (The airplane might look better on a child than an adult!)
We just got back from a journey to Asheville, NC. I’ve got a lot to share about that lovely trip, but it’s our busy season at NM and my fall allergies are killing me, so I’m a bit behind.
Here are a few things I found this week to share:
- What is your least favorite flower? (Here and here.) – I was shocked there are people in the world who don’t like hydrangeas. Who knew? Or for that matter, certain flowers… though I’ve long been aware of the completely unreasonable prejudice against my birth month flower, the noble carnation. The only flower I avoid has nothing to do with its appearance – it’s gorgeous – but rather its smell. Stargazer lilies give me a huge migraine. They’re gorgeous, but they must stay at a distance for me to enjoy them. That not withstanding, why can’t all flowers be equal?
- Nightmares Fear Factory Faces – I’m not a fan of scary things, including haunted houses, but the photos are hilarious. (And not scary.)
- Urine Wheel for Diagnosing Medical Conditions – I only wish I could actually read it and put it to use. (Follow up: here’s one, the aqua vita, that makes more sense.)
- On a similar note, have you ever seen the Bristol Stool Scale? I often wonder if my get rich quick scheme isn’t a blog where people can post pictures of their “work,” catalogued according to the Bristol Stool Scale. Genius, I tell you!
- Richard Feynman’s Last Interview – I never knew about Feynman until I met Graham, and he’s the one of Graham’s – I don’t know what to call him… idols? – that I like best. Patton, on the other hand, I can do without. Just because you’re brilliant doesn’t mean you have to be an asshole.
- 1993 AT&T “You Will” Ads – It’s amazing to see how many of these things have actually happened, but how some experiences - like the concert tickets from a ATM machine – are a whole lot less sexy than in the ad.
Wouldn’t it be cool to get prints of the urine wheel and stool scale to hang in the bathroom? So awesome. They’d go right next to our worthless stock certificates.